Due to the highly regulated European laws governing driving and working hours within the passenger transport Industry, we ask clients to understand our Terms and Conditions listed below which may at times seem rather stringent, but which are ultimately designed to guarantee a maximum amount of security for the traveling public.
In this document the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
“The Airport Transfer Company Nice” and “Nice Airport Transfer Company” shall refer to the company “The Airport Transfer Company” and/or any company contracted by The Airport Transfer Company to carry out its business.
“Client” shall be the person that makes the booking for themselves or on behalf of other persons.
“Party” shall refer to all persons traveling under one single booking
“Passenger” shall refer to a person within a party
“Operator” shall refer to an enterprise that provides transport services via the use of their own vehicles.
1. Full acceptance of Nice Airport Transfer Company price for the service requested is assumed at the time of booking. Nice Airport Transfer Company will produce written confirmation of the details regarding the booking, by email following payment.
2. All fares that appear on the Nice Airport Transfer Company website/booking system, and prices quoted via email, telephone by an Nice Airport Transfer Company representative or employee, are subject to change without notice until full payment is made.
3. The price paid by a Nice Airport Transfer Company client when booking an airport transfer is subject to change without notice. If there are any fare changes necessary after the booking has been made, Nice Airport Transfer Company will produce written confirmation of these changes by email. If the client does not want to accept the fare change, then he/she is free to cancel the booking free of charge and will be automatically refunded in full within 5 working days.
4. The airport transfer or other transport booking is not fully confirmed until reception by the client by email of the aforementioned written confirmation. If the client does not receive written confirmation by email then the transfer booking is considered invalid. This may occur due to an online technical fault, due to misinformation given by the client, or due to various other problems. The client should contact Nice Airport Transfer Company if after 24 hours of making a booking they have not received written confirmation.
5. Airport transfers are scheduled only when full confirmation by email for the airport transfer booking has been received both by Nice Airport Transfer Company and the client.
6. The client accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
7. When making a telephone booking the client accepts that the booking will be governed by the terms and conditions that are present on the Nice Airport Transfer Company website at the time of booking.
8. The confirmation of booking must be presented by the client to the Nice Airport Transfer Company driver or representative for both the outward and return trip.
9. The destination and pick-up addresses on the ticket are the addresses to which the party will be delivered and picked up. Should the client wish to change these or any other details, this must be done in writing by email directly with Nice Airport Transfer Company 48 hours prior to the date of travel, subject to payment of any difference in the applicable prices. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for any booking that is amended at any time prior to arrival or departure.
10. Cancellations: up to 48 hours prior to transfer; a cancellation fee amounting to 5% of the cancelled transport price or 20€, whichever is higher, is applicable for all transport types regardless of the number of passengers, the charge is made to cover administration and financial transaction charges. Cancellations under 48 hours; at Nice Airport Transfer Companies discretion no refund will be given of the outbound transfer of a return transfer or the full amount of any one way transfer either outbound or inbound. Nice Airport Transfer Company may waive the payment at its discretion depending upon specific circumstances. Upon demand Nice Airport Transfer Company will be more than happy to issue a statement of cancellation showing amounts charged for use in the event of an insurance claim.
10.1 Changes to Bookings: We allow two changes to a booking once it has been confirmed by ourselves, subsequent changes are chargeable at 5€ per change, The Airport Transfer Company uses discretion as to when charging applies.
11. All luggage must be clearly labeled with the owners name and destination address. Passengers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage suitcase and small hand luggage bag), golf clubs, bikes, ski and snowboard equipment should be declared as excess luggage at the time of booking. In the event of a passenger having excess luggage, Nice Airport Transfer Company reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items. Clients are asked to keep Nice Airport Transfer Company informed of any incidence of lost luggage. It is the responsibility of the airline and or handling agent of the airline to deliver any lost luggage to the passenger not Nice Airport Transfer Company. Clients must understand that in the event of a delay exceeding 60 minutes caused by lost luggage, and if the allocated driver has to leave the airport prior to the arrival of the passenger, passengers will be placed on the next available transfer that is going to the requested destination, or in the direction of the requested destination. This may mean sharing a vehicle with other clients. Where a delay is of an exceptional length Nice Airport Transfer Company may be forced to cancel the original airport transfer booking and reschedule a new transfer to cater for the ‘newly’ scheduled arrival time caused by the delay in waiting for lost luggage. In this case, passengers will be charged for the additional ‘new’ transfer, and no monies will be refunded for the cancelled transfer. Clients are free to refuse the ‘newly’ scheduled transfer and organise an alternative transfer themselves. Upon demand Nice Airport Transfer Company will be more than happy to issue a statement of cancellation showing amounts charged for use in the event of an insurance claim.
12. Ski and snowboard equipment are transported free of charge but we can only transport up to two bikes per group of eight passengers free of charge, transport of further bikes can be arranged but may incur charges for transport. Clients must inform Nice Airport Transfer Company at the time of booking of the number of skis, snowboards and bikes to be transported, failure to do so may result in Nice Airport Transfer Company being unable to transport said items. Bikes must be presented for carriage in an appropriate box or bag. Bikes not in bags or boxes are not acceptable and will not be transported.
13. Golf clubs are transported free of charge. Clients must inform Nice Airport Transfer Company at the time of booking of the number of sets of golf clubs to be transported, failure to do so may result in Nice Airport Transfer Company being unable to transport said golf clubs. Golf clubs must be presented for carriage in an appropriate bag. Golf clubs not in bags are not acceptable and will not be transported.
14. Baby seats and booster seats are supplied free of charge upon request at time of booking. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to travel in the front seats of any vehicle, children under 12 or 1m35cm must use the appropriate child seat. The child seats provided comply with all relevant legislation, if the client has a particular requirement regarding child seats they are advised to bring their own seat. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to travel without a parent or guardian. Minors between the age of 16 and 18 assume full responsibility for their use of seat belts. Clients should note that while every endeavour is made to supply coaches with seat belts, coaches constructed before 2002 were not and are not retrospectively required to fit seat belts.
15. Nice Airport Transfer Company will endeavour to honour special requirement requests but are not contractually obliged to do so.
16. Should more passengers present themselves for transfer than noted on the booking it may not be possible to carry the extra passenger(s). The extra passenger(s) will have to make their own way to their destination and Nice Airport Transfer Company will accept no responsibility or liability for said extra passenger(s).
17. Nice Airport Transfer Company schedule all departures to arrive at airports two hours before the scheduled departure time of a flight. Should a client insist on a change of pickup time allowing less time between leaving resort and the scheduled departure time Nice Airport Transfer Company will accept no responsibility for any losses incurred due to missing a flight or onward connection
18. Any service issues, should be directed to Nice Airport Transfer Company via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Nice Airport Transfer Company will endeavour to resolve all service issues within 28 days of notification.
19. Nice Airport Transfer Company reserves the right (and delegates to its chauffeurs the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
20. Passengers who soil the interior of a van due to alcohol or drug consumption, are liable to an on the spot fine of 150.00 Euros. This fine is payable immediately to the Nice Airport Transfer Company driver. If the passenger refuses to pay, or has no money with which to pay, then the 150.00 Euros valet cleaning fee will be taken on the credit card that the client used to make the booking, Nice Airport Transfer Company will produce a receipt for this transaction. If payment cannot, or will not, be made Nice Airport Transfer Company will cancel any outstanding transfer(s) for the passenger(s) concerned with no refund given and take legal action against the passenger(s) concerned to recover the cost of cleaning the vehicle this will included all legal fees Nice Airport Transfer Company incur.
21. Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the Nice Airport Transfer Company vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
22. Any damage caused to an Nice Airport Transfer Company vehicle by a passenger(s) must be paid for immediately. If payment cannot, or will not, be made then Nice Airport Transfer Company will be forced to take legal action against the passenger(s) in question.
23. Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles. The consummation of food is not permitted on any Nice Airport Transfer Company vehicle.
24. Smoking is not permitted in Nice Airport Transfer Company vehicles.
25. Nice Airport Transfer Company will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Nice Airport Transfer Company will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control. Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required under French law. However, whilst every care is always taken, customers’ property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
26. Nice Airport Transfer Company will endeavour to carry the passenger(s) with the maximum comfort and minimum inconvenience to their destination shown on the confirmation document. However circumstances beyond our control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility. The following are examples, but not an exhaustive list of circumstances which are not within our control:
a. vehicle breakdowns
b. exceptional or severe weather conditions
c. compliance with requests of the police
d. accidents or deaths on the road causing delays to the vehicle
f. unforeseen traffic delays
g. industrial action by third parties
h. problems caused by other customers
i. the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
j. other circumstances affecting passenger safety
k. Force Majeure (war, civil unrest, terrorism, acts of god, etc)
If affected by any of the above situations or other unforeseen events Nice Airport Transfer Company will make every effort to deliver the passenger to their destination. In the event of Nice Airport Transfer Company being unable to deliver the passenger on time and or to their destination, Nice Airport Transfer Company will not be held responsible for any losses or costs incurred.
27. Tunnel Closures forcing alternative routes: A supplement is to be agreed (at the time of transfer or prior where possible) with client and paid on arrival in cash by the passenger if the client has not previously agreed to pay the supplement. The amount of the supplement will reflect the extra distance, time and tolls involved to transport the passenger to their booked destination. Where no agreement can be reached on the supplement to be paid, Nice Airport Transfer Company will transport the passenger up to the point at which the normal route is blocked. Nice Airport Transfer Company may waive the payment of the supplement at its discretion depending upon specific circumstances.
28. Sudden and unscheduled road closures forcing alternative routes: A supplement is to be agreed (at the time of transfer or prior where possible) with client and paid on arrival in cash by the passenger if the client has not previously taken agreed to pay the supplement. The amount of the supplement will reflect the extra distance, time and tolls involved to transport the passenger to their booked destination. Where no agreement can be reached on the supplement to be paid, Nice Airport Transfer Company will transport the passenger up to the point at which the normal route is blocked. Nice Airport Transfer Company may waive the payment of the supplement at its discretion depending upon specific circumstances.
29. Where Nice Airport Transfer Company book transport on services provided by operators other than Nice Airport Transfer Company we do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
30. If Nice Airport Transfer Company fail to provide a booked service because they are unable to contact the client due to a lack of mobile phone number, the said mobile phone number not being active or the phone remains unanswered when called Nice Airport Transfer Company will not be held responsible for any losses incurred.
31. If Nice Airport Transfer Company fail for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Nice Airport Transfer Company will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Nice Airport Transfer Company for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by one taxi of an appropriate size. Nice Airport Transfer Company shall be allowed a period of 90 minutes commencing from the point at which the client presents themselves to an Nice Airport Transfer Company representative, to supply the purchased service.
32. It is the responsibility of the client that all booking information is correct. Nice Airport Transfer Company accepts no responsibility for misinformation given by a client and that result in either a flight being missed or a driver failing to be at the arrival airport in question to pick-up a customer(s). If the client provide the take off time of a flight instead of an arrival time and as a result a vehicle(s) has to wait for the client, Nice Airport Transfer Company reserve the right to charge waiting time fee of 1 Euro per minute, this is calculated as the difference between the time given and the actual scheduled landing time of the flight.
33. Delayed, Cancelled and Rescheduled Flights: Clients are asked to keep Nice Airport Transfer Company informed about all possible delays and changes to their scheduled flight(s). Clients must understand that in the event of a delay exceeding 60 minutes, and if the allocated driver has to leave the airport prior to the arrival of the passenger(s), passengers will be placed on the next available transfer that is going to the requested destination, or in the direction of the requested destination. This may mean sharing a vehicle with other passengers. If the driver has to wait for over 60 minutes, there may be a charge (at the discretion of Nice Airport Transfer Company) of 1.00 Euros per minute thereafter starting from the first minute of the following hour, if the passenger is unwilling or unable to pay for waiting time Nice Airport Transfer Company may cancel the scheduled transfer. This charge may be wavered by Nice Airport Transfer Company. If Nice Airport Transfer Company is aware of the new arrival time for the delayed flight before the specified driver leaves to go the airport for the flight arrival in question, then the driver will be instructed to leave according to the new arrival time and no supplement will be charged. However, if the flight delay is of an excessive length, due to circumstances such as flights being cancelled and passengers then arriving on alternative scheduled fights; or flights being rescheduled to later times; other airports or in the case where passengers miss their scheduled flights, and then book an alternative flight that arrives at a later time; then Nice Airport Transfer Company may be forced to cancel the original airport transfer booking and reschedule a new transfer to cater for the ‘newly’ scheduled arrival time or airport. In this case, clients will be charged for the additional ‘new’ transfer, and no monies will be refunded for the cancelled transfer. Clients are free to refuse the ‘newly’ scheduled transfer and organise an alternative transfer themselves. Upon demand Nice Airport Transfer Company will be more than happy to issue a statement of cancellation showing amounts charged for use in the event of an insurance claim.
34. Nice Airport Transfer Company shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach of contract.
35. Nice Airport Transfer Company may alter these terms and conditions from time to time, following which all transport reservations will be governed by that version. The terms governing the purchase of an airport transfer will be the terms in place at the time of your reservation.
36. Nothing can affect the clients’ statutory rights.
37. Nice Airport Transfer Company Terms and conditions are governed by French Law.
38. Any dispute between Nice Airport Transfer Company and a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the French courts.
39. Fuel surcharge. Nice Airport Transfer Company reserves the right to increase prices in accordance with fuel price rises and in accordance with point 3.
40. Privacy.Nice Airport Transfer Company work with a number of partners and may share with these partners your email address and from time to time contact you via email regarding special offers. If you do not wish to be contacted about these offers or for Nice Airport Transfer Company to share your email address you should inform us in writing by email or fax and we will respect your request.
41. Cash Bookings have to be confirmed, as all transfers are, and are only available subject to the following terms, only available on flight arrivals at Nice airport, limited to a total amount of no more than 99€ and only available on flights landing between the hours of 08H00 and 21H00.
42. Cash Bookings, bookings that have not been paid for before the flight arrival i.e. payment via cash on arrival are subject to change or cancellation at our discretion, we will honour where possible all cash bookings but in the event this is not possible we will inform the client as soon as possible via email.
43. In vehicle wifi and Internet access is not guaranteed but subject to availability.
44. Clients using our in vehicle wifi and internet are expected to abide by the laws of the country they are traveling in and are not allowed to download, view or access anything of an adult nature or any material cover by copyright.
45. Nice Airport Transfer Company reserves the right to terminate any booking which is made in breach of general booking terms and conditions.
Helicopter Transfer Extra Terms and Conditions;
46. Booking condition
For a secure and quality service, the further information will be demanded on booking:
– Number of men, women, children (under 12 years old) and baby travelling
– Number and type of luggages on board (cabin bag, hold luggage…)
– Passenger who’s weight exceeds 100kg as well as luggages over 25kg and oversized luggage
– In case of landing on a helipad, the prior written agreement of the owner of the helipad must be provided (using a helipad is subjected to conditions by the bylaw of May 6th 1995)
47. Transport condition
The transport is subject to the rules and limited responsibilities stipulated in the Warsaw Convention.
The transport of passengers in a single engine helicopter can only be performed by day and in visual flight conditions.
The transport of passengers in a twin engine helicopter by night can only be performed from and to a helistation or airport authorized for night flights.
All extra passenger not declared at the time of booking can be refused on board the helicopter as it could compromise weight and balance of the aircraft.
48. Cancellation terms
The total amount of the flight will be debited and invoiced if the cancellation is made less than 12 hours before departure.
If the passengers are more than 40 minutes late, the flight will be cancelled and charged.
However, if the helicopter is available to stay longer, a standby penalty of 300€ per hour will be charged on top of the flight.
49. The Airport Transfer Company cancellation:
In case of cancellation made 12 hours before departure due to bad weather conditions, technical problems or due to security instructions given by the authorities, the total amount of the flight will be refunded.
If cancellation occurs for sudden and unforeseeable reasons, independent to the company, the reimbursement will be made without any other form of compensation and a transfer by car will be offered further to acceptance of the quote. This service is not mandatory and is offered only when the company can do so.
In case of cancellation due to bad weather conditions and if a transfer by car is accepted by the client the day before the flight, this service will be charged even if the weather conditions allow the flight to be made.
Coaches & vehicles with more than eight passenger seats extra terms and conditions;
50. Cancellation terms
Cancellations up to four (4) days prior to travel, full refund less a 5% (or 20€ whichever is greater) admin charge.
Cancellations three (3) days prior to travel, 75% refund on total booking amount.
Cancellations two (2) days prior to travel, 50% refund on total booking amount.
Cancellations one (1) day prior to travel, no refund available on total booking amount.
Cancellations with less than 24 hours to travel, no refund available on total booking amount.